Home › Required Documentation
Application for marriage licences MUST be made in person by both parties at: Ministry of Home Affairs in Bridgetown, with ALL of the following documents:
- Marriage License fees- Bds$200.00.
- Stamp Duty- Bds$25.00.
- Marriage Certificate Fees:Bds$20.00.
- Magistrate’s fees –Bds$350.00 if performed outside of court; Bds$250.00 if performed in church.
- Ministers of Religion performing duties outside of church- Bds$350-250.00 ( this fee does not apply to Catholics or the Jewish Faith).
- Couples are required to pay church fees for ceremony inside the church (these vary as every church has different fees).
- Letter from a Certified Marriage Officer agreeing to perform ceremony.
- Passports and original/ certified copy of Birth Certificates.
- If either party is divorced a certified copy /original Decree Absolute.
- Any documentation not in English, must be accompanied by translated certified English copies along with the original document in the foreign language.
- Non-English speaking couples must have a translator present when applying for the marriage license.
- Widows/Widowers must present death certificate of former spouse.